1. X. l. Liu, F. l. Zhang, Q. Wang, J. Gao, J. X. Meng, S. T. Wang*, Z. Z. Yang*, L. Jiang, “Platelet-inspired multiscaled cytophilic interfaces with high specificity and efficiency toward point-of-care cancer diagnosis”, Small 2014, 10, 4677-4683.
Inspired by the interactions between platelets and tumor cells, multiscaled cytophilic interfaces are fabricated by assembling platelet-mimicking microspheres via oxidative polymerization of polyaniline nanohairs through transverse nanochannels in the shells of hollow polystyrene microspheres, and modifying specific recognition molecules.
2. F. X. Liang, C. L. Zhang, Z. Z. Yang*, “Rational design and synthesis of Janus composites”, Adv. Mater. 2014, 26, 6944-6949.
Janus composites with two different components divided on the same object have gained growing interest in many fields, such as solid emulsion stabilizers, sensors, optical probes and self-propellers.
3. L. J. Zhu, S. N. Yang, X. Z. Qu*, F. Y. Zhu, Y. R. Liang, F. X. Liang, Q. Wang, J. L. Li, Z. B. Li, Z. Z. Yang*, “Fibril-shaped aggregates of doxorubicin with poly-L-lysine and its derivative”, Polym. Chem. 2014, 5, 5700-5706.
In this paper, we first prove that doxorubicin (DOX), a common anti-tumour drug, assembles into fibril-like aggregates in phosphate buffer (pH 7.4) and then show that the assembly of DOX was influenced by the complexation with an amphiphilic poly(amino acid) derivative, i.e. cholate-grafted poly-L-lysine (PLL-CA).
4. R. H. Deng, F. X. Liang*, P. Zhou, C. L. Zhang, X. Z. Qu, Q. Wang, J. L. Li, J. T. Zhu*, Z. Z. Yang*, “Janus nanodisc of diblock copolymers”, Adv. Mater. 2014, 26, 4469-4472.
Janus nanodiscs of diblock copolymers are prepared by stepwise disassembly of PS-b-P4VP disc-stacked particles.
5. L. Wang, L. H. Qiu, Z. Z. Yang*, F. Yan*, “Low-dose imidazolium cation grafted polymeric nanotubes for quasi-solid-state dye-sensitized solar cells”, Electrochim. Acta 2014, 133, 446-452.
Poly(divinybenzene-co-chloromethylstyrene) (poly(DVB-co-VBC)) nano-tubes (PDVBVBC-NT) and imidazolium surface functionalized poly(DVB-co-VBC) (Im-PDVBVBC-NT) are synthesized by cationic polymerization and utilized as the gelators for ionic liquid based gel electrolytes.
6. R. H. Deng, S. Q. Liu, F. X. Liang*, K. Wang, J. T. Zhu*, Z. Z. Yang*, “Polymeric Janus particles with hierarchical structures”, Macromolecules 2014, 47, 3701-3707.
Janus colloidal particles with hierarchical structures are generated by phase separation of diblock copolymer polystyrene-block-poly(4-vinylpyridine) (PS-b-P4VP) and homopolymer poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) binary blends in confined geometry.
7. X. Y. Ji, Q. Zhang, F. X. Liang, Q. N. Chen, X. Z. Qu, C. L. Zhang, Q. Wang, J. L. Li, X. M. Song*, Z. Z. Yang*, “Ionic liquid functionalized Janus nanosheets”, Chem. Commun. 2014, 50, 5706-5709.
Ionic liquid functionalized Janus nanosheets are synthesized by selective treatment of the imidazolin terminated side of Janus nanosheets while the other side is preserved.
8. X. Wu, L. H. Qiu, Z. Z. Yang*, F. Yan*, “Imidazolium functionalized NT-Im-Au-Ag hybrids for surface-enhanced Raman scattering and catalytic reduction of 4-nitrophenol”, Appl. Catal. A 2014, 478, 30-37.
A facile and effective procedure for the preparation of poly(divinybenzene-co-chloromethylstyrene) (poly(DVB-co-VBC)) nanotube/Au-Ag nanoparticle composite (NT-Im-Au-Ag) via using covalently attached imidazolium as linkers was reported.
9. W. Jiang, Z. L. Yang*, D. Weng, J. W. Wang, Y. F. Lu*, M. J. Zhang, Z. Z. Yang*, “Solvothermal synthesis of PbTe/SnTe hybrid nanocrystals”, Chin. Chem. Lett. 2014, 25, 849-853.
PbTe/SnTe hybrid nanocrystals with designed shape, chemical composition and narrow size distribution were synthesized by an efficient solvothermal approach.